Ask most people and they will tell you buying a home is the most important financial investment they will make in their life time. A majority of real estate deals in the Federal Way area venter well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars per transaction. Say you were to have an income tax issue of that magnitude; wouldn’t you hire a CPA to help you out and guide you through the process? I would. Wouldn’t you want the same level of advice and guidance when purchasing a home? Here are a few tips to help you find an experienced agent in Federal Way.
1. Look agents out in the field. A good agent isn’t in the office much. Go to open houses. A good agent will have listing that they are showing on weekends and they are always willing to take on new clients.
2. Ask your friends or relatives if they know of a good agent or have worked with one they would recommend to you. This agent has produced positive results for your friends and relatives and will defiantly do the same for you.
3. Make sure you can find your Agent online. A tech savvy agent is very important in this day and age of technology and the internet. It’s important to have an agent that understands online marketing. If they know how to market themselves online, you can count on them being able to find you a new house or market your house to sell online.
4. Look for a busy, hard-working agent. An agent that isn’t busy probably isn’t that great. There’s a reason an agent is busy. It’s because that agent is trusted and gets the job done. This is the agent that has produced positive results over the years and is the agent that friends and family recommend to one another.
5. Look for the most knowledgeable agent you can find. When most people embark on the journey of buying a new home, buyers do hours of research. Searching every detail from current interest rates to how much the annual property taxes are on a 2000 square foot home in Twin Lakes. So be sure to ask you agent questions. And if you feel like you know more than they do, maybe you should move on to the next agent.
6. If you are looking for a listing agent, review their other listings online. Make sure the pictures they use are of the highest quality. Be sure the agent is using a professional photographer. All listings big or small should have professional photos. Good quality pictures are one of the first signs of a professional real estate agent.
7. Ask the agent if they are a “full time” agent. Is real estate their only job? Only demand full time agents. They will be able to devote more time to you. Ask how long the real estate agent has been working full time. It’s not that newer agents are not capable, it’s just a factor in making an informed decision. Many "experienced" agents are not always the best choice either. Especially if they haven't kept up with technology.
8. Ask your agent where they live. An agent that lives and works in Federal Way or North Tacoma will be more knowledgeable in the local market and will be able to answer important questions about the community. They should at a minimum know the schools where they work.
9. Check references and online reviews. If an agent is well known for doing a spectacular job, people will be glad to tell you or post reviews online.
10. If you are a buyer, you want to work with a Buyers Agents. This way you know your interests are protected in the transaction. Likewise if you are a seller, you want to work with someone that is experienced in representing the seller and securing the most qualified buyer at the best net profit for you. Not all agents are experts in working with buyers or sellers, so you need to ask specifics. Even better, ask if your agent works for a team. A team will be able to fulfill your needs if you are a seller and a buyer. There will always be someone there to help you.
Hopefully these tips will help you out and guide you in the right direction. And if you have any questions or would like to interview our team, please give us a call.
Anderson Homes and Land
Author:Gini Anderson Phone: 253-988-0180 Dated: April 15th 2013 Views: 899 About Gini: Making Clients For Life!
Gini strives to go the extra mile to help you achieve your goals. Because ...
About Anderson Homes & Land / Keller Williams Puget Sound
For Our Puget Sound Home BUYERS! – Our goal is making sure your Puget Sound real estate buying experience is extraordinarily successful! We will provide you with exceptional service through every step of your home buying process. Let's get started!
From this site you can Search your favorite Puget Sound listings from the convenience of your home. And You will be the first to get new listings that match your criteria! Our "For Buyers" Section is your source for the latest tips, real estate checklists and free reports. Take advantage of our 26+ Years of NW real estate experience as we guide you through your real estate transaction. We can provide you with specific Community information and refer you to some of the top professionals in the lending industry. We get the job done for you and are responsive to all your Puget Sound real estate needs. We will provide you with prompt service, communication, personal guidance and professional competence from contract to closing!
Financial advice – Our lenders are seasoned professionals and offer you guidance tailor made for your individual mortgage solutions.
SELLERS! - As Puget Sound real estate specialists, we know what it takes to sell your home. We bring expert knowledge, valuable experience blended with the latest technology, comprehensive pricing strategies, a well-defined marketing plan, preparation & Staging consultation, vast exposure to your listing, networking with industry professionals, enthusiasm and the satisfaction of a job well done. Our "For Sellers" Section is Your source for the latest tips, checklists and free reports Personal Consultation - 26+ Years experience and knowledge you can rely on. 30 Years of design and Staging experience for sellers. Relocating - Everything you need to know about the neighborhood and a community’s amenities. If you are planning to put your Puget Sound home on the market, please browse our blogs and our website for valuable information on preparing your home for sale, pricing your home right, marketing it effectively and the home inspection processes.
We are passionate about real estate, love the Puget Sound area and stay on top of the latest trends so that we can better serve our clients.
Buying & Selling by Design, your Success is our Success!